Title: Campus Intern
Report to: Senior Campus Sexual Assault Coordinator
Hours: 20 hrs per week
Pay: $18 per hour
Total Number of Hours: 444 hours
Flexible Start Date: August 29, 2022
Flexible End Date: June 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with applications received before August 18th given priority consideration.
Background and Role:
The Alliance serves all five boroughs and works closely with rape crisis programs, hospitals, District Attorney’s Office, New York City Police Department and city leaders to develop and implement best practices in the treatment of and response to sexual assault survivors. The Alliance is also a Regional Center for Sexual Assault Prevention, and works within communities, colleges and universities, and nightlife establishments on trainings to prevent occurrences of sexual violence.
In 2015, the New York Governor signed Education Law Article 129-B, otherwise known as Enough is Enough (EIE). Through this law, 52 agencies in NY State, including the Alliance, received automatic funding to conduct services and education to NYS colleges and universities. The Alliance’s Campus Program houses the Campus Training Institute (CTI), which provides training to approximately 12 campus partners on trauma-informed and survivor-centered response services, as well as intersectional community-based primary and secondary prevention work. In addition to CTI, the Campus Program also encompasses three volunteer-based programs to engage students our campus partners. This intern will report to the Senior Campus Coordinator and support them with strategic campus programming, volunteer coordination, workshop facilitation, and advocacy.
We are seeking a talented, dedicated student intern who can support our statewide campus sexual violence prevention initiatives including administrative support for student volunteer programs, workshop facilitation, and research. The internship will have a flexible hybrid schedule where 80% of the work will be virtual and 20% will be in-person. The Alliance team works under our COVID Safety Policy, that integrates on-site and in-person responsibilities, Alliance leadership and the position supervisor will support the person in this role to prioritize their own safety above all else. We can also provide necessary documentation for school credit to support students in this way if available and desired.
● Coordinating Student Volunteer Programs recruitment, application process, and administrative support
● Attending campus sexual violence prevention events o e.g. tabling
● Creating social media content for the Campus Program Instagram page
● Conducting research and resource development on emerging issues regarding sexual violence and campus sexual assault
● Tracking national and statewide trends and policies regarding survivor rights and campus sexual assault laws including Title IX, and working with partners and stakeholders on advocacy initiatives
● Other tasks as needed
● Currently enrolled at a NYC college or university for the 22-23 academic year
● Experience participating in volunteer programs
● Excellent organizational and administrative skills
● Committed to anti-racist and anti-oppressive framework
● Facilitation and/or public speaking experience
● Prior experience working in anti-violence programs/initiatives preferred
● Ability to work creatively and independently
● Proficiency in Canva, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
● Has their own computer and reliable access to wifi (technology accessibility should not deter a candidate from applying and will be discussed further on a case by case basis should access to technology be an issue)
The Alliance is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We work to reflect the diversity of New York City. Everyone is encouraged to apply including people of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume, saved as a single document, to Alliance Senior Campus Coordinator: email@example.com.