Title: SAFE Examiner Instructor/Curriculum Consultant
Compensation: $90 per hour
Work Location: Hybrid- Includes Two In-Person Trainings a Year
Start Date: Immediate
Founded in 2000, the New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault’s mission is to prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes through education, research and advocacy. The Alliance works closely with the city’s rape crisis programs and hospitals, District Attorney’s Offices, New York Police Department, court officials and city leaders to develop and implement best practices and policies, raise public awareness, and create sustainable change for survivors. Through training, advocacy and research, the Alliance has been an active force in fighting for recognition of the magnitude of the problem of sexual violence in New York City (NYC).
The Alliance’s signature training program Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Training Institute (SAFETI) is a New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH)-certified training program for licensed emergency department and medical professionals in New York State. SAFETI is a training program in New York City that is open to all licensed doctors, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, and physician assistants. The SAFE Training Institute trains staff of organizations aiming to improve their services for survivors of sexual assault.
The SAFE Instructor & Curriculum Consultant will co-direct and co-facilitate SAFE trainings and co-create a curriculum guide for the Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Training Institute (SAFETI).
Major duties of the position include:
- Co-direct and co-facilitate SAFE trainings for medical and human service professionals
- Update SAFE curriculum to focus on virtual implementation, utilizing adaptation documentation from monthly meeting and training shadowing
- Shadow SAFE trainings and existing sexual assault forensic examiners
- Minimum BSN, RN. Certified NYSAFE, SANE-A, SANE-P.
- 6+ years of professional training and experience in forensic rape examination.
- Experience with curriculum development and facilitation and engagement experience.
- Prior experience providing testimony through direct and cross-examination.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience delivering presentations, trainings and workshops to diverse audiences.
- Experience and knowledge in evaluation tools and data collection methods helpful.
- Sensitivity to the impact of sexual violence in diverse and marginalized communities and the ability to articulate these concerns with regard to sexual violence in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-racial environment, and commitment to social justice practice.
- Resides in the NYC metro area.
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, disability or gender identity.Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume as a pdf document to: Anita@svfreenyc.org with the subject line: “SAFE Instructor & Curriculum Consultant”. Candidates may be asked to submit writing samples and supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.