Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator
NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
Title: Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator
Work Location: 32 Broadway, Suite 1101, New York, N.Y.
Start Date: June 1, 2020
Overview of the Organization:
Founded in 2000, the New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault’s mission is to prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes through education, research and advocacy. The Alliance works closely with the city’s rape crisis programs and hospitals, District Attorney’s Offices, New York Police Department, community-based organizations and city leaders to develop and implement best practices and policies, raise public awareness, and create sustainable change for survivors. Through training, advocacy and research, the Alliance has been an active force in fighting for recognition of the magnitude of the problem of sexual violence in New York City (NYC).
Overview of the Program and Position:
The Alliance is one of two programs that comprise the New York State Center for Training and Technical Assistance (TTA), which supports Rape Crisis and Sexual Violence Prevention Programs across NYS in their work with college and university communities, and nightlife populations. Funded by a grant through the NYS Department of Health, the TTA Center works with over 50 programs building their capacity to implement trauma-informed direct services to student survivors of sexual assault and deliver inclusive primary prevention initiatives to college and nightlife populations.
The Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of TTA Center activities including, but not limited to, organizing and delivering in-person and online training events, undertaking needs assessments, creating resources and toolkits on best practices, and offering expert TTA consultations and site visits. In this role the TTA Coordinator will manage the day-to-day program as well as represent the Alliance and manage relationships with partners, consultants, and funders in order to ensure that program goals and objectives are met.
Major duties of the position include:
· Coordinate day-to-day operations of the Training and Technical Assistance program, ensuring timely completion of all program activities.
· Create and deliver in-person and online trainings on topics addressing:
o Serving diverse populations,
o Evidence-based sexual violence prevention,
o Trauma-informed direct services and systems advocacy for survivors,
o Campus sexual assault policy, and
o Nightlife prevention initiatives.
· Offer technical assistance and program planning assistance to rape crisis and sexual violence prevention programs on above topics with in-person site visits, trainings, and phone consultations.
· Create and conduct annual statewide needs assessment and develop statewide training plan based on the data.
· Conduct outreach and independent research to stay apprised of emerging trends, policy changes, and best practices in fields of sexual violence response and prevention.
· Outreach, build and maintain relationships with partners and funders to further program goals.
· Identify statewide training and technical assistance needs and create plans to address them.
· Assess effectiveness of programs and design evaluation tools.
· Prepare quarterly grant reports on programmatic activities.
· Represent Alliance at various coalitions, conferences, task forces and events.
· Supervise interns/ volunteers as necessary.
· Assist with other program activities as needed and collaborate with Alliance staff on shared program goals.
§ Masters level education in public health, social work, mental health, gender studies, sociology or related field strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree will be considered for candidates with a strong community-based/ organizing background, direct service with survivors of sexual violence, and/or campus policy experience.
§ Minimum 2-3 years of professional level experience working in the fields of social justice, sexual violence, survivor advocacy, public health, and/or community engagement/ organizing.
§ Demonstrated experience facilitating trainings and delivering oral presentations/ workshops to diverse professionals and audiences required.
§ Knowledge of issues, policies and best practices in sexual violence response and prevention required, as well as knowledge of Title IX and campus sexual assault.
§ Understanding of criminal justice, hospital, and institutional systems as they interact with diverse sexual assault survivors.
§ Experience creating needs assessments and evaluations and using them to design and implement programs and strategic plans.
§ Strong oral and written communication skills.
§ Ability to work well independently as well as in a team in a flexible, evolving environment.
§ Sensitivity to the impact of sexual violence in diverse and marginalized communities and the ability to articulate these concerns with regard to sexual violence in a mindful and respectful manner.
§ Proven commitment to anti-oppressive work and social justice practice.
Details at a glance
· On-site Location
· Full Time Schedule
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume as a single word or pdf document to email@example.com with the subject line: “TTA Coordinator”. Candidates may be asked to submit writing samples and supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, disability or gender identity. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.