Join us for a workshop with licensed clinical social worker, Amy Edelstein to discuss the impact of trauma on the brain and to recognize physiological, psychological and physical presentations in trauma survivors. We will also learn basic intervention skills for working more effectively with trauma survivors during pregnancy, birth, and/or postpartum practices.
Didactic and experiential training, including a multidisciplinary panel of experts and trauma survivor.
• To provide a comprehensive understanding of the neurobiology of trauma and the impact on the developing brain.
• To provide participants with practical skills and techniques for working with trauma survivors in a medical or home based setting.
• To provide an understanding of different types of trauma, warning signs associated, and clinically appropriate ways for birth professionals to help contain and support their clients.
• To provide experiential learning and processing with case scenarios.
• To expand concrete tools due to secondary trauma
CEUs are being applied for- not guaranteed yet
$195 early registration first 20 slots open
$250 for all others
Breakfast and snacks provided, Lunch on own- various places in short walking distance
Location one block from NJTransit train from Manhattan and 2-3blocks from Decamp bus lines from NYC and NJTransit buses.