Manager, Family Justice Center in Queens
Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon’s mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Manager provides supervision to a team of case managers and provides direct client services to individuals and families impacted by crime and violence who are involved in the criminal justice system.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for bi-monthly case supervision and support to specified Case Managers, in accordance with Safe Horizon’s quality supervision policy;
· Monitors staff’s performance through regular observation of client work and documentation, and coaches staff in providing client-centered safety assessments and risk management plans;
· In partnership with the director of the Queens Criminal Court Programs, recruits, hires and trains staff, and manages staff performance in accordance with agency policy;
· Responsible for reviewing and ensuring accuracy of statistical management reports and accurate completion of funder reports;
· Ensures contract compliance for Office of Victim Services, Division of Criminal Justice Services, and Community Development and Tax Levy funding;
· Ensures staff conduct effective services to victims in criminal court;
· Conducts client centered safety assessment and risk management planning;
· Provides crisis intervention, short term supportive counseling and case management services to victims of crime and abuse;
· Advocates for clients for public entitlements with systems and other agencies, where necessary, such as obtaining orders of protection, help with hospital/medical related needs; Office of Victims Services compensation, and relocation assistance;
· Provides information and referral for clients for services such as shelters, mental health treatment, public assistance and other entitlements;
· Provides emergency practical assistance for clients including transportation, food vouchers, financial assistance, emergency cell phones, and lock replacement;
· Acts as a liaison between Safe Horizon, the Office of Court Administration, the District Attorney’s Office and law enforcement officials to better service clients;
· Conducts educational presentations and trainings and participates in outreach events for community groups about the criminal justice system, sexual assault, domestic violence and other related topics;
· Participates in staff meetings, community meetings and relevant trainings and seminars;
· Performs data entry into a computerized record keeping system and maintains thorough and accurate case records and statistics;
· Works collaboratively with other Safe Horizon programs to facilitate linkages for clients;
· Works collaboratively with other Safe Horizon administrative and operations department; and
· Various other duties to be determined by supervisor.
· Two case management criminal court staff, as well as social work interns and volunteers.
· Safe Horizon staff
· District Attorney’s Office
· New York City Police Department
· Office of Victim Services
· New York City Administration for Children’s Services
· Social service providers
· Criminal court personnel, including court clerks, court officers, and judges
· New York City Housing Authority
Knowledge and Skills:
Master’s Degree in social work, counseling, human services or related field desirable– or BA degree and/or equivalent experience
Experience working in a social service setting providing short-term counseling
Strong interpersonal relationship and crisis management skills;
A sound knowledge of victimization issues;
Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Preferably 2-3 years of experience working with victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, or child abuse, and/or general mental health practice.
Budgeted Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply