The New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault (the Alliance) spearheads state as well as citywide efforts to prevent sexual assault and to ensure that all survivors of sexual assault have access to the best acute and long-term care. Our mission is to prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes through education, research and advocacy.
The Alliance is looking for an Administration & Grants Manager to oversee the administrative and fiscal management of the Alliance. The Manager will work collaboratively with an outsourced, professional finance company and the Alliance leadership team to:
· Oversee contracting and fiscal reporting to funding sources, and
· Reconcile, project, track and report on organizational income and expenses.
The Administration and Grant Manager will also oversee the operations and human resources functions at the Alliance. This position will work under the supervision of the Executive Director and the guidance of our finance firm. This position will be supported by the Administrative Coordinator. As a member of the Alliance team, the Administration and Grants Manager will participate in Alliance events, staff meetings and planning for growth. Specific duties will include:
Budget and Contract Management:
· Managing the contracting process and complying with budgeting requirements of our funding sources;
· Interfacing with the finance firm to reconcile income sources with expenses and fund allocation accounting;
· Participate in organization’s annual budgeting process; as well as liaise with program and development team to develop budgets for existing contracts and grant proposals.
· Record and monitor monthly expenses against organizational and contractual budgets to produce timely budget monitoring and financial reports needed to allow for program decision-making;
· Respond to funders’ queries regarding budget variances, payment status, payroll allocation etc. in a timely manner.
· Ensure contractual compliance with fiscal reporting requirements.
· Oversee the operation of the office including organizing and tracking vendors, handling bids for services and ensuring the smooth operation of office functions;
· Oversee human resources administrative functions including IRS obligations, employee benefits and hiring processes;
· Ensure that the Alliance is in compliance with all federal IRS, state and city requirements
· Develop written policies concerning finance, administration and human resources as needed;
· Participate in the maintenance and stream-lining of fiscal and administrative systems;
· Ensure the maintenance of clear and organized electronic and hardcopy records;
· Coordinate the production of documents for annual independent audit.
· Background in finance, operations and fiscal and/or contract management in non-profit setting required. Three + years of professional experience in comparable position/s required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, and Accounting preferred. Candidates with MPA or, related college degree and comparable work experience will be considered.
· Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of accounting and financial systems including QuickBooks required.
· Experience in government grant/contract accounts management a plus.
· Ability to treat confidential information appropriately, to prioritize multiple tasks and attention to details are crucial.
· Proven ability to work in a multi-racial environment, and commitment to social justice practice as well as good interpersonal, communications and organizational skills required.
· Attention to detail and capacity to work independently as well as in a team in a flexible, evolving environment.
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity or gender identity. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Approximate range $58,000-62,000.
Send cover letter and resume to the attention of: Mary Haviland, Executive Director to email@example.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.