The Alliance is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated professional in the anti-sexual violence field as a Senior Project Coordinator. This position is responsible for development and coordination of the Alliance’s Intervention programming, including work with the Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Training Institute (SAFETI). This position allows for part-time clinical work (1 day /week) with our Direct Service program. Ideal candidates will possess clinical, outreach, training, and project management skills.
- Assist in the development, organization, and facilitation of Intervention programs at the NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
- Conduct client engagement and assessment; provide personal and criminal justice advocacy services to Spanish Speaking victims of sexual violence (Part-time)
- Provide counseling to victims of sexual violence and respond to clients with urgent/non-urgent emotional or physical needs, both in person and by telephone (Part-time)
- Advocate on behalf of clients with multidisciplinary teams including rape crisis programs, social service agencies, District Attorneys’ Offices, NYPD, health care providers, and other service providers (Part-time)
- Create, develop and deliver presentations and trainings as part of the Alliance Training Institute
- Performing organizational and administrative tasks connected with SAFETI, including arranging training space, managing registrations, course announcements, coordination of facilitators, grading online coursework, organizing certification
- Interface with accrediting bodies, including the NYS DOH, to ensure compliance with guidelines
- Outreach to programs, agencies, and other entities to ensure knowledge of the Alliance programming and services; arrange and facilitate trainings related to same
- Provide support for Alliance programming, including the Social Work CEU program, Direct Service, and other initiatives as needed
- Administrative tasks including assistance with the Helpline, organizing mailings, preparation of meeting minutes and support as needed
- Prepare program reports and track statistical information for funders
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field required
- Work experience in a related field
- Fluent Spanish required
- Experience in working with trauma and of trauma-informed practices, clinical skills
- Knowledge and passion in working with anti-sexual violence movements highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, advocacy skills.
- Able to work independently and in a small team environment
- Computer skills: facility with Internet searches, MS Office suite, and graphical presentations
- Dedication to using a social justice framework to carry out work
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Project Coordinator. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE