The Alliance has compiled
a number of resources
available for survivors,
their friends and families,
assisting survivors in
New York City.
Center for Safety & Change (formerly Rockland Family Shelter) :Special Victims Program Manager
Organization: Center for Safety & Change (formerly Rockland Family Shelter)
May 22, 2013
Center for Safety & Change (formerly Rockland Family Shelter) is a private, not for profit, equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, culturally sensitive work environment. All are encouraged to apply. CSC is seeking a dynamic candidate with skills in counseling survivors of trauma and their families and knowledge of the criminal justice system.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the overall program monitoring, coordination, planning and staff supervision of the Sexual Assault Program, Comprehensive Crime Victims Services Program and the services provided at the Special Victims Services Program.
- Oversee training program for Volunteer Rape Crisis Counselor/Advocates. Including training, recruitment, retention, supervision and screening of volunteers.
- Provide short term therapy services to survivors of sexual violence, their families and friends.
- Respond to hotline calls from victims of crime, their families and friends.
- Provide advocacy and accompaniment to hospital, D.A.’s office, courts and social service agencies, etc.
- Assist clients in accessing and completing Office of Victims of Crime (OVS) applications
- Complete reports for grantors and assist in the writing of grant applications.
- Co-facilitate support groups.
- Must possess a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) or Master’s Degree in Counseling (MS, MA) or related field and clinical experience as well as NY State License.
- Required participation in on-call rotation during off hours to respond to client needs and including 2-3 evening per week for support group facilitation and therapy appointments.
- Must have strong organizational skills, valid driver’s license and own transportation.
- This position requires flexible hours including some, evenings and weekends.
- Previous experience in staff supervision, and program management
- Public speaking skills and experience providing professional training. Excellent Writing Skills.
- Experience facilitating groups
Candidates who have taken training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (E.M.D.R.), a plus. Bilingual/bicultural a plus.
Health Insurance, Tax Shelter Annuity, Two Weeks Paid Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, 3 Personal Days, 12 Sick Days.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Applicants may email, mail, or fax resume with cover letter stating why you are interested in this position to:
Center for Safety & Change
9 Johnsons Lane New City, NY 10956
FAX: (845) 634-3396 Email: email@example.com
To submit an announcement for listing on The Alliance site, fill out this
All announcements, events, jobs, and volunteer opportunities will be compiled in a weekly email digest. To ensure timely delivery of your announcement, please submit it by Tuesday of each week.
For more information, our editorial policy, or other questions, please contact the
Web Manager at
by phone at