Intervention Program Coordinator
NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
Title: Intervention Program Coordinator
Work Location: 32 Broadway, Suite 1101, New York, N.Y.
Overview of the Organization:
Founded in 2000, the New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault’s mission is to prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes through education, research and advocacy. The Alliance works closely with the city’s rape crisis programs and hospitals, District Attorney’s Offices, New York Police Department, community-based organizations and city leaders to develop and implement best practices and policies, raise public awareness, and create sustainable change for survivors. Through training, advocacy and research, the Alliance has been an active force in fighting for recognition of the magnitude of the problem of sexual violence in New York City (NYC).
Overview of the Program and Position:
The Alliance’s signature training program Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Training Institute (SAFETI) is the largest New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH)-certified training program for licensed emergency department and medical professionals in New York State. SAFETI is the only training program in New York City that is open to all licensed doctors, registered nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. SAFETI trains staff of organizations aiming to improve their services to survivors of sexual assault.
The Alliance is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated professional in the anti-sexual violence field as an Intervention Program Coordinator. This position is responsible for development and coordination of the Alliance’s Intervention training programs, including work with the Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Training Institute (SAFETI). Ideal candidates will possess outreach, training, and project management skills. The Program Coordinator also provides training and technical assistance on trauma-informed best practices to various social service agencies, hospitals, and other healthcare institutions.
· Assist in the development, organization, and facilitation of Intervention programs at the NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
· Create, develop and deliver presentations and trainings on sexual violence and related topics to a wide range of audience
· Perform organizational and administrative tasks connected with SAFETI, including arranging training space, managing registrations, course announcements, coordination of facilitators, grading online coursework, evaluating the program, and organizing certification
· Interface with accrediting bodies, including the NYS DOH and the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN), to ensure compliance with guidelines
· Organize quarterly meetings for NYC forensic examiners including arranging space, recruiting and coordinating with trainers, and managing registration
· Organize annual trainings with District Attorneys Offices around expert witness and testimony for forensic examiners
· Outreach to programs, agencies, and other entities to ensure knowledge of the Alliance programming and services; arrange and facilitate trainings
· Train, engage and collaborate with medical providers to raise awareness around trauma-informed care for assault survivors
· Provide technical assistance to hospitals, health care institutions, and other agencies in providing trauma-informed care, assist NYC hospitals in obtaining SAFE Designated status, and Rape Crisis Programs in obtaining certification
· Stay abreast of New York City and City legislation and policy as it relates to this role
· Track statistical information and prepare program reports for funders
· Supervise interns/ volunteers as necessary
· Attend Task Force or other collaborative meetings as needed
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health, Psychology, Public Health or related field strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree will be considered for candidates with commensurate experience.
· Experience in working with trauma and of trauma-informed practices
· Knowledge and passion in working with anti-sexual violence movements highly desirable
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, advocacy skills and time-management skills
· Able to work independently and in a small team environment
· Computer skills: facility with Internet searches, MS Office suite, and graphical presentations
· Dedication to using a social justice and intersectional framework to carry out responsibilities
Details at a glance
· On-site Location
· Full Time Schedule
· Master’s Degree Required
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume as a single word or pdf document to email@example.com with the subject line: “Intervention Program Coordinator”.
Candidates may be asked to submit writing samples and supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, disability or gender identity. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.