The New York Center for Children is a private, nonprofit agency which provides free, comprehensive therapy services to children, adolescents and their families who have experienced child abuse, neglect, domestic violence or other trauma.
- Provide clinical treatment to children, adolescents and non-offending parents who have experienced abuse/trauma.
- Facilitate therapeutic groups for children, adolescents and families.
- Conduct training and educational workshops to outside agencies.
- Keep up-to-date statistics, documentation and reports as required.
- Conduct intake of new client referrals
- Provide advocacy for children and families
- Supervise one MSW intern when needed.
- Facilitate relations between ACS, partner agencies and families as needed.
- LMSW or LCSW required
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish preferred
- Two (2) years post graduate clinical experience in treatment and evaluation of children, adolescents and families.
- SIFI certified or SIFI eligible preferred
- Experience in working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Extensive knowledge of dynamics of child abuse, child development and family systems.
- Knowledge of law enforcement and court systems as well as mandated reporting requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as needed.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Social worker/Therapist position in the subject line.