The New York Center for Children is a private, nonprofit agency which provides free, comprehensive therapy services to children, adolescents and their families who have experienced child abuse, neglect, domestic violence or other trauma, for as long as their healing requires.
- Provide advocacy and case management to children and families seen at The New York Center for Children.
- Conduct thorough in-person and telephone intakes for client referrals.
- Provide bilingual services including interpreting for staff/families.
- In person and telephone outreach to other organizations to facilitate professional relationships and referrals to NYCC.
- Assist at reception desk to greet families and children when they arrive at the Center.
- Contact outside agencies involved with families as needed.
- Assist families in filling out appropriate forms including consents and OVS.
- Maintain and update resource manual.
- Complete records and monthly statistics.
- Fluent in oral and written Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in social service field.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children and families.
- Experience in advocacy work.
- Knowledge of child welfare.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as needed.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate family advocate position in the subject line.