The Development Coordinator/Grants Manager will coordinate, initiate and support strategy for resource development activities as part of our interdisciplinary team focused on prevention and intervention services for young people affected by intimate partner violence. The selected candidate will work equally well with community leaders, philanthropists, corporate executives and government officials. The position reports to the Executive Director of Day One.
Primary Responsibility: Collaborate with the Executive Director and other staff to oversee all aspects of fundraising strategy. The Coordinator/Manager will build and/or refine systems to ensure development activities are manageable, timely and deadline-oriented. S/he will oversee and assist with the following:
- Partner with the staff, board and outside resources to identify, focus and implement development strategies
- Research potential donors and foundations using various resources
- Oversee planning and implementation of annual gala event
- Support and act as a liaison to Young Professionals Board
- Develop and track project and grant proposals for corporate, government and foundation funding opportunities
- Oversee data collection and prepare reports for funding contracts
- Plan and implement individual giving fundraising solicitations, write donation acknowledgements and maintain donor database
- Oversee community outreach and engagement events, including open houses, donor acknowledgement events, happy hours, etc.
- Supervise development volunteers
- Manage special projects as part of cohesive team of professionals
- Contribute to administrative assignments as needed
- Attend and support Day One meetings and events as needed and assigned
- Contribute to staff meetings, retreat and other internal meetings with appropriate content, views and suggestions
- Meet requirements of internal staff management processes including performance reviews, supervisory meetings, work plans, etc.
The Coordinator will have:
– Three – five years development experience and college degree or equivalent
- Strong time/project management skills and ability to establish priorities and work to deadlines
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills, as well as a meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload and to meet deadlines
- An ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Confidence in communicating with people at different skill levels and from a variety of backgrounds
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce or comparable CRM systems
- Ability to capture ideas, an engaging writing style and the ability to convey complex messages and make them accessible to a variety of audiences
- Self-motivation, initiative and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A demonstrated passion for youth, anti-violence or related social justice work and a commitment to contributing to positive social change
- Availability to work events that may occur outside regular daytime hours
- Creativity, energy and a sense of humor
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience. Day One offers a benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with match, health, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax transit costs and generous vacation.
To Apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter to the Executive Director at email@example.com indicating your salary requirements. Applicants will be seen on a rolling basis. We regret that only applicants considered for the position will be contacted by Day One.