General Nature of Position: The Communications Director is responsible for providing a variety of internal and external communications tasks, including those with members and consultants/contractors, to ensure successful implementation of NYSCASA’s projects. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Preferred Qualifications: Associate or higher degree and/or 3/5 years of relevant experience. Flexibility and a diverse skill base. Strong communication, organizational, and writing skills, including effective use of social media and website development. Commitment to and understanding of addressing sexual violence, anti-oppression work, and other social justice issues. Valid driver’s license.
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance and Human Resources
- Create and maintain database of organization contacts (i.e., members, donors, colleagues, etc.) to support effective agency communications.
- Maintain correspondence with current members, and invite new members.
- Generate, send, and track (email or postal mail) donor thank-you letters and related communications.
- Conduct general outreach activities such as distributing NYSCASA materials, handling or coordinating NYSCASA tabling opportunities, and participating in networking or other community events.
- Field media requests and prepare press releases in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Handle social media posts and website updates, especially changes to rape crisis program contact information, in an ongoing and timely manner; collaborate with other NYSCASA staff on content and coordinate with website consultant as needed.
- Prepare and distribute e-news updates on NYSCASA activities, resources, and successes on at least a monthly basis.
- Handle all tasks associated with the lending resource library (i.e., purchasing, cataloging, lending, tracking, etc.)
- Generate NYSCASA’s annual report.
- Answer agency phones, providing assistance to callers as needed; work within a team approach to assist victims, survivors, and other members of the public via telephone and other forms of communication in regards to requests for information and referral.
- Coordinate the development of public awareness campaigns to maximize statewide community engagement in addressing sexual violence.
- Ensure NYSCASA events are visually documented to provide photos and videos for social media and publications.
- Prepare marketing materials to support the Board of Directors’ activities.
- Develop and present trainings and education in person and via distance learning as requested.
- Other Activities—
- Develop and maintain a well-organized system of required project-related documentation, including equipment inventory, NYSCASA training attendance sheets, and program evaluations.
- Represent NYSCASA on committees, meetings, community events, conferences, and listservs.
- Complete required reports.
- Participate in professional development.
- Attend NYSCASA meetings.
- Assist with NYSCASA’s annual conference and any other events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Finance and Human Resources.
Starting Salary: $41,000
To Apply: Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resume to email@example.com