As an expert in taking knowledge and transforming it into exciting and useful messages, SAFER’s Communications Co-Director will help set and guide the strategy for all digital communications, website, and public relations. One of the primary objectives of SAFER’s Communications Co-Director will be to consistently articulate and promote SAFER’s mission and program goals and disseminate it it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels. The Communications Co-Director is expected to have substantial familiarity with crafting an organization’s message through social media and demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of a communications strategy. Ideal candidate would be familiar and comfortable with using social media tools as part of a coordinated strategic communications program.
- Manage SAFER’s digital presence through social media, website, newsletters, and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, SAFER’s website, newsletters, Twitter, Facebook, and promotional materials
- Write and distribute press releases as needed. Assist with writing and editing of documents and materials as needed
- Manage and respond to media requests
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage media relationships to ensure coverage surrounding SAFER’s research, special events, announcements, and other projects
- Develop and implement annual communications plan in collaboration with the SAFER Board of Directors to broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact
- Identify significant media and public policy issues that can be leveraged to support SAFER’s work
- Attend monthly Board of Director meetings, with ability to work independently on priority projects
- Make a minimum 1-year commitment, preferably longer
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a communications role, ideally in a nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as digital, marketing, and website content
- Demonstrated understanding of campus sexual assault prevention and research in the field preferred;
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies, particular expertise with social media strategies and tactics a plus.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Rachel Greenburg (email@example.com) and Ian Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org).